Arid and Semi Arid Specialists
EnviroKey are specialists in Arid and Semi-arid Ecology. Our Principal Ecologist Steve Sass has undertaken hundreds of flora and fauna surveys and environmental assessments in the arid and semi-arid zones in NSW, Queensland, Western Australia, South Australia and Northern Territory. His extensive experience in arid ecology has been drawn upon in major projects such as Mining, Infrastructure and Energy projects as well as Environmental Management during the construction phase. Examples of these include the:
- Biodiversity Assessment for the approved 598 turbine Silverton Wind Farm, Australia's largest wind farm, north-west of Broken Hill (NSW)
- Flora and Fauna Impact Assessment for extensions to a Tailings Storage Facility on the Cobar Peneplain (NSW)
- Flora and Fauna Study of Murrawombie and North East Mine, Girlambone (NSW)
- Specialist advice for a Biodiversity Offset Strategy in north-western NSW for a proposed mining project (NSW)
- Ecological Impact Assessment for a communications infrastructure redevelopment at Saint George (QLD)
- Review of Environmental Factors, Water pipeline and associated infrastructure in western NSW.
- Desktop Ecological Assessment for projects at Tennant Creek (NT), Mount Magnet (WA) and Woomera (SA).
- Target threatened fauna surveys for the 380km Optic Fibre Cable in the Gascoyne region (WA).
- Flora and Fauna Impact Assessment for Sand Extraction at the Endeavour Mine, Cobar (NSW)
- Reptile Management Plan for a communications infrastructure redevelopment at Saint George (QLD)
- Flora and Fauna Study for exploration activities at the Hera Deposit near Nymagee (NSW)
- Target threatened frog and reptile surveys for the 650km Queensland to Hunter Gas Pipeline (NSW)
- Target bat surveys of derelict mine shafts in western NSW for Industry and Investment NSW.
- Biodiversity Values Study for a proposed 305km transmission line duplication between Broken Hill and Red Cliffs (NSW).